October 29, 4:00 pm EDT
** COVID 19 INFORMATION **
This workshop is being planned as an in-person event in Toronto, Ontario Canada. A venue will be chosen by the end of August 2021. If you are planning to travel to Toronto, do not book your flight and accommodations until the in-person event is confirmed. Odds are everything will be open and safe, but you never know!
If for any reason it's un-SAFe to run the course in-person, it will be delivered online instead.
Sometimes as change agents, we forget that organizations are social systems. While our brains desperately want change to follow a linear and standardized progression, we know complex organizational change never has, and will never, work that way.
Enterprise Transformation with Lean Change Management is a 3-day IC Agile accredited workshop designed to help you create a context-dependant and feedback-driven approach to transformation.
In this workshop, we’ll explore:
- How organizational systems enhance and hinder agility
- How to influence change directly and indirectly
- How to swim with the organizational currents towards positive change, and how to know when to swim against them
- Why diverse culture and leadership styles create the natural and positive friction that moves transformations forward
- The delicate dance between structure and culture
- Visual facilitation techniques and a variety of Lean Change Management tools, ideas and practices
Much like our other workshops, don’t expect to have PowerPoint slides read to you! We’ll walk you through an interactive experience rooted in helping three organizations merge through an agile transformation.
Business and Complexity
This foundational track kicks off the workshop to give you a basic understanding of internal and external forces that shape our transformations.
We will in a world where it’s become more important to focus on internal processes and how your organization dances within the ecosystem in which it exists.
- Introduction to Complexity
- Introduction to Lean
- Introduction to Business Agility
Organizing the Organization
This track is about the four basic tenants of organizational design:
- How do we choose to group people?
- How do we link groups together?
- How do we align multiple groups toward a higher purpose?
- How do we know if it’s working?
- Organizational Structures and Design
- Organizational Processes
- Agile Scaling Frameworks
Disruption and Change
Today’s organizations have much less control over their destiny than they used to. The entry barrier into established markets continues to lower, and more leaders want to see significant culture shifts in their organizations.
- Understanding Organizational Culture
- Organizational Interventions
- Metrics that Matter
It’s the diversity of thought and leadership styles that creates the friction that moves transformation forward. This track focuses on understanding and respecting the similarities and differences between people.
- Understanding Leadership Styles
- Modern People
- Technical Excellence in Change
- 4 Tracks, three modules in each track
- Case Study: an opportunity to apply learnings by helping merge 3 organizations together through an agile transformation
- Online learning library included
- Access to the Modern Change Community included
- 16 synchronous contact hours
- Free copy of Lean Change Management and Change Agility