Become a Lean Change Agent FacilitatorGet early access to new material, ability to run your own workshops, and more!
Step 1: Attend a Workshop
- applicants must attend a 2-day Lean Change Agent in-person workshop to experience the format
- virtual workshop attendees are not eligible to become facilitators
- 1-day and custom workshop attendees are not eligible to become facilitators
Step 2: Apply for Your License
While there are no standard qualifications, these are the recommended skills and experience for having your application approved:
- experiencing running experiential workshops (Training from the Back of the Room style, or collaborative and flexible delivery style)
- experiencing working as a change agent, whether that be in a traditional change role, or agile coaching role (Scrum Masters generally do not have sufficient experience working in the organizational layer)
- 2+ years of training experience
- an industry recognized coaching qualification (ICF, Results Coaching, IABC, ORSC, Co-Active) is a nice to have. Agile Coaching certifications are generally nowhere near the level of depth of proper coach training.
Step 3: Post-Application Follow-up
Once your application is reviewed, you’ll receive an electronic contract and invoice. Once signed, and paid, you’ll receive access to the facilitator network.
Facilitator Program Benefits
- Discount on Lean Change Management books to give to your participants (English, German, and Spanish (early 2019) copies available)
- Access to a private online community via Slack
- Access to the source material and new content via Dropbox
- Ability to promote your courses through this site (over 4000 unique visitors per month) and the Lean Change Management mailing list (over 3500 members as of Oct 2018)
- free membership in the Lean Change Management Association
- Personal support from Lean Change Management author Jason Little
- Support for local meetups and marketing via ads, social media and google.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much is the license?
There is a $3500 CAD annual fee that includes all benefits listed above. There are no per-course licensing fees or other fees.
- Can my company be listed as a Certified Partner?
At the moment, no. The license is associated with the facilitator. If you leave your organization, your license goes with you and the organization that was offering workshops cannot continue to offer them. LCM does not use any Certification, or Certified language whatsoever so there is no ‘certified facilitator’ status or certifications to offer attendees. We have chosen digital credentials over certifications.
- Can I customize the content?
As long as the core messaging is maintained, and 75% of the content aligns with the original 2-day Lean Change Agent course, facilitators are free to customize their workshops. Being a change agent is more art than science so it is simply not realistic to standardize a workshop and deliver the exact experience.
- What if I have other questions?
You can contact us using the form below and we’d be happy to chat!
I'm ready to apply!
Have you read the details and are ready to go? The application should take about 15 – 20 minutes and it will be reviewed within a day or so. If approved, you’ll receive a digital contract, invoice, and access to the facilitator resources.
When I had a late-night bar chat with Jason at Agile 2013, I was convinced that there was high potential in the material he was working. After taking the course, that picture still sticks, and I want to follow suit on the journey.Markus Gartner