June 7, 5:00 pm CDT
Change Agents are extraordinary individuals with en entrepreneurial heart, a visionary mind and the courage to stand up to the status quo. They are motivated to bring about improvement in their lives, their organizations, and their communities.
Overcoming this challenge without giving up to frustration requires innovative tools and techniques. A supercharged tool belt of lessons learned in the field distilled into tools and techniques specially tailored to bringing about change in any environment. We call these our weapons of mass disruption and planned innovation.
Lean Change is an iterative, non-linear, feedback-driven approach particularly suited to fast-paced agile environments. Discover the model, tools and techniques required to successfully deliver change at speed.
Who should attend the Lean Change Agent workshop?
Activists who envision a better working environment, a more productive life, less personal conflict, and who wish to be part of something bigger. You should attend only if you are willing to be an active part of the construction of a better tomorrow.
Directly relevant to those involved in scaling agile methodologies (in an IT environment) or those wishing to apply agile thinking to traditional change management (outside an IT environment). These include managers, change management professionals, agile coaches, scrum masters, team leads, and those who want to effect meaningful change in their organizations. If you are involved in an enterprise transformation, this workshop is for you.
But I am not an upper manager in my organization!!!
Worried you don’t have enough clout? This is a common fear generated from decades of hierarchical management programming. Forget everything you thought you knew about change management and learn to make a difference in your immediate network.
We will understand where change resistance comes from, and how to apply lightweight management techniques to face the complexity of transformation. As it has been the case with agile methodologies, change can come from the trenches - it does not matter your hierarchical position in the organization.
What You’ll Learn
- How to apply agile practices to manage enterprise transformation
- How to create a change approach that is tailored to your unique environment
- How to conduct strategic/tactical planning with lightweight canvases
- How to coordinate, track and measure multiple concurrent change experiments
- How to co-create change by applying lean startup thinking and brain science
- How to leverage agile mindset to overcome change management complexity
- Personal strategies for working with uncertainty and change resistance
A different kind of change
At this point, you must have realized that you can’t change other people. What you can change is your own behavior and the influence you have over others. Lean Change is based on Lean Startup principles, blended with some of the traditional change models and embellished with cool brain science. It takes an entire new perspective on the focus of control of change. Instead of controlling the outcomes, it simply controls the progress accumulated by experiments.
Lean Startup is based on having visible informational radiators (canvases) and experimenting with value propositions that deliver benefit to an end customer. Lean Change embraces this approach to change, since experimentation reflects our natural learning. And all transformation should be about delivering value!
There are two key principles underlying Lean Change: you can’t control the way people are going to respond to change; and people are more likely to be happy if they have a hand in designing the change.
This kind of empowerment to “change outside of the box” is exactly what Lean Change Management is all about. To recognize organizations as social networks which are complex adaptive systems, which will kill the spirit and product frustration if members feel hollow and devoid of meaning. No matter whether you are a human resources manager, scrum master, product owner, software developer or writer, you will leave empowered to change the world around you.
This workshop is part of a series in Business Agility, focused on applying lean-agile lessons to the enterprise management of change and innovation. In businessAgility.org you will find our content library, lightweight management tools and templates along with a full listing of available courses worldwide.
Booking Terms and Conditions:
Ticket fees include all materials used during the event, coffee, refreshments, lunch, and items consumed during breaks.
- Ticket fee includes one "Lean Change Agent" certification issued by Happy Melly.
- A minimum of 80% presence is required to issue a certification to any participant.
- A minimum of 4 participants are required for a workshop to proceed.
- Workshops will generally be limited to 12 participants to maintain learning quality.
- Workshop fees do not include travel arrangements or support.
Cancelations & Substitutions
- Cancellations are refundable within 7 days of purchase, as long as cancellation is requested at least 30 days before the event. Refunds may be subject to transaction and/or currency conversion fees.
- Delegate substitutions may be made at any time, please inform us via email.
- Transfers to alternative workshops are allowed only under certain ticket types, are subject to availability, and may incur a 25% rebooking fee.
- If we cancel a workshop for any reason you will receive a full refund.