February 3, 2022 1:30 pm CET
This second edition has 2 advantages compared to the first:
- Course flow and exercises are updated based on constructive feedback of participants from the first session.
- On the 31st of January, the Unleashing People session coincides with my birthday! 🙂
The growing importance of Enterprise Agility
“Being “agile” has never been so popular, and not just in IT – after all, any company who wants to survive needs agility. These days, we are seeing a push towards agile in HR, marketing, administration and, in general, any environment that needs to reinvent itself to respond to market needs faster.” – Planet Lean
Understanding what “Enterprise Agility” is about will help you to launch initiatives towards a more adaptive and resilient enterprise.
Sometimes as change agents, we forget that organizations are social systems. While our brains desperately want change to follow a linear and standardized progression, we know complex organizational change never has, and will never, work that way.
Enterprise Transformation with Lean Change Management gives attendees the ability to navigate the complexity of enterprise organizational transformation.
Attendees will learn how to create a context-dependent, and feedback-driven approach to organizational transformation that focuses on creating meaningful impact over following a standardized, and linear approach to change.
In this workshop, we’ll explore:
- How organizational systems enhance and hinder agility
- How to influence change directly and indirectly
- How to swim with the organizational currents towards positive change, and how to know when to swim against them
- Why diverse culture and leadership styles create the natural and positive friction that moves transformations forward
- The delicate dance between structure and culture
- Visual facilitation techniques and a variety of Lean Change Management tools, ideas and practices
The Voyager challenge: Workshop Details
Much like our other workshops, don’t expect to have PowerPoint slides read to you! We’ll walk you through an interactive experience rooted in helping three organizations merge into one, more agile, organization.
To make the workshop a coherent experience a selection has been made between many available models, concept, methods and practices. More details have been gathered in the Student Handbook which will be provided in advance to the workshops.
Registration closes one week before the start of the first session of the workshop to give participants enough time to do the mandatory pre-course homework. These activities are necessary to support exercises and conversation right from the start of the workshop.
Business and Complexity
This foundational session kicks off the workshop to give you a basic understanding of internal and external forces that shape our transformations.
In a world where it becomes more important to focus on internal processes, your organization needs to understand how to move within the ecosystem in which it exists.
- Introduction to Complexity
- Introduction to Lean
- Introduction to Business Agility
Organizing the Organization
This session is about the four basic tenets of organizational design:
- How do we choose to group people?
- How do we link groups together?
- How do we align multiple groups toward a higher purpose?
- How do we know if it’s working?
- Organizational Structures and Design
- Organizational Processes
- Agile Scaling Frameworks
Disruption and Change
Today’s organizations have much less control over their destiny than they used to. The entry barrier into established markets continues to lower, and more leaders want to see significant culture shifts in their organizations.
- Understanding Organizational Culture
- Organizational Interventions
- Metrics that Matter
It’s the diversity of thought and leadership styles that creates the friction that moves transformation forward. This session focuses on understanding and respecting the similarities and differences between people.
- Understanding Leadership Styles
- Modern People
- Technical Excellence in Change
An opportunity to apply learnings by helping to merge three organizations into one, more agile company.
Virtual Course Format
- January 20 - Introduction | Business & Complexity
- January 24 - Organizing the Organization
- January 27 - Disruption & Change
- January 31 - Unleashing People
- February 3 - Case Study
Active participation in the Case Study session is a condition for receiving your ICAgile and Lean Change Management certifications
All sessions take place from 9am-13:30pm CEST. Check your local time for this slot here: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com...
- 1-year free access to the Modern Change Community
- Free copy of Lean Change Management and Change Agility
- ICAgile’s ICP-ENT certificate, Lean Change Management certificate and Voyager badge
- Previous experience with Agile (at a team, or organizational level) and/or Change Management is highly recommended to be able to follow the course and be able to apply the learnings successfully to the Case Study
- If you can't make it to this session, get in touch with me to see what we can do: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or connect on LinkedIn