March 13, 5:00 pm -05
Lean Change Agent Workshop (LCA)
Today’s fast-paced world is driving all organizations toward wanting to answer the question, how do we change faster? The problem is, most popular approaches to change predate Google and are based on plan-driven, linear processes.
This 2-day workshop is designed to show you how to use Agile and Lean techniques to facilitate change. Lean Change Management is a modern approach to change management that takes ideas from Lean Startup, Agile, and Change Management to help you figure out the best approach to the change you’re faced with.
You’ll learn how to apply Agile thinking to your change programs, as well as many good practices and light-weight planning and exploration tools for getting your change off the ground and headed in the right direction.
- Understand how to apply Agile and Lean techniques to Change Management
- How to use Agile techniques within your existing Change Management framework
- How to reframe resistance to change to response to change
- How to modernize your change management practices
- Combine ideas from Lean Startup, Agile, OD and CM to develop your own contextual change framework
- How to use light-weight tools and practices that you can use right away such as Change Canvases, OKRs, Perspective Mapping and more
2-Day workshop Agenda
- Introduction: Warming up. Why are you here? What is the ultimate question you hope to have answered?
- What is Lean Change Management, and how is it similar, and different, to how you approach change today?
- Cause and Purpose: How to start collaborative change using light-weight tools for change readiness, change liftoffs.
- Meaningful Dialogues: How do we communicate, and the ongoing facilitation of change
- Responses to Change: Becoming aware of emotional reactions
- Responses to Change: We’ll explore deeper how different people respond to change differently, and how you, the change agent, can navigate that complexity.
- Co-creation of Change: How to move away from change activities, and towards change experiments. This includes good practices for communication, creating alignment, providing status to change sponsors and more.
- Doing Experiments: Feel what change experiments may look like through the application of some during the workshop.
- Your Own Change Framework: We’ll take the learning from both days, and discuss what your own change framework could look like and you’ll answer your own questions that were created at the beginning of Day 1.
What you’ll get
- A FREE copy of Lean Change Management, the book
- A beautiful proof of participation to brag to your colleagues about!
- Two fantastic days of conversations and learning
- Ability to become a licensed facilitator
Attending this workshop will allow you to apply for a license as a Lean Change Agent facilitator and organize your own workshops.