Coaching Agile Transitions (ICP - CAT)
IC Agile Coaching Agile Transitions
This 2-day workshop is an accredited IC Agile Workshop that has been added to our course offerings as of November 2019. While Lean Change Agent is a foundational course for all change agents, this workshop is specifically designed for change agents working on an agile transformation.
Attendees receive their ICP-CAT credential which is part of the Enterprise Agile Coaching track.
What would happen if we approached our Agile Transformation in an agile way?
Coaching Agile Transformations with Lean Change Management is a 2-day experience designed to help you take the best ideas from agile, lean startup and design thinking to help you live the agile values and principles while transforming your organization to new ways of working.
Much like the Lean Change Agent workshop, this workshop will help you answer questions like:
- How can we integrate agile and change management to transition to agile in an agile way?
- How can we apply agile practices to complex agile transformation programs?
- How can we reduce uncertainty by iterating our way through change?
- How can we reframe resistance to change by changing how we think about change?
During the COVID crisis, the decision to run in-person vs remote workshops is at the discretion of the facilitator.
Upcoming ICP-CAT Schedule
- What is Enterprise Agile Coaching (EAC)?
- Understanding EAC Competencies
- Striving for Personal and Professional Mastery
- Ethical Considerations of EAC
- Knowing Your Limits and Boundaries
- Creating a Business Case for Change
- Understanding the Human Change Process
- Understaning the Organizational Change Process
- Bringing the Agile Mindset to Change
- Understanding Organizational System Entry
- Organizational Change Assessments
- Co-Creating an Organizational Change Strategy
- Communication, Education and Facilitation at the Organizational Level
Tools and Practises We’ll Explore
- Perspective and Organizational Mapping
- Change Canvases, Visual Work Management
- Applying Agile, Lean Startup and Design Thinking to Change
- Experiment creation and prioritization
- Satir Interaction Model
2-Day Workshop Agenda
- Introduction: why are you here? What is the ultimate question you hope to have answered?
- The Change Agent: It starts with you. Meaningful change happens when you bring your whole self to work
- What is Lean Change Management: The Lean Change Management Cycle and 5 Universals of Change
- Agile Change Management: Overview of the Agile values and principles, and how you can apply that thinking to change management.
- Alignment: How to use light-weight tools for change readiness, change liftoffs, and ongoing facilitation of change
- Incremental Change: How to move away from traditional ROI and towards reducing uncertainty by breaking down change into quarterly objectives with tangible key results.
- Experiments: How to move away from change activities, and towards change experiments. This includes good practices for communication, creating alignment, providing status to change sponsors and more.
- People: Why the notion of ‘resistance to change’ is wrong, and why the “70% of changes fail” is incorrect. We’ll explore how different people respond to change differently, and how you, the change agent, can navigate that complexity
- Your Own Change Framework: We’ll take the learning from both days, and discuss what your own change framework could look like and you’ll answer your own questions that were created at the beginning of Day 1.
What You Get
- A digital copy of Lean Change Management
- Access to the Modern Change Agent Community
- Lean Change Management workbook
- IC-CAT Certification
- Agile Explorer Badge
- Connections with our global community